Current Available Opportunities
[hr height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
Reports to: President & CEO
Job Position Type: Full-Time
Position is based in Atlanta, GA
Georgia Advancing Communities Together (Georgia ACT) is a statewide membership organization, which represents the state’s nonprofit housing, and community development organizations. Our mission is to build and support a statewide network of thriving member organizations and trained professionals engaged in housing and community development serving families with limited housing choices. We advocate for a more favorable policy environment for the nonprofit housing industry. We represent the nonprofit housing and community development industry to state and federal government (both executive and legislative branches), stakeholders, and other organizations targeting a similar population. Georgia ACT seeks greater resources to support the nonprofit industry and provides forums where nonprofit organizations can network, exchange information through peer learning, and recognize member contributions. In addition, we provide communication tools to inform members of upcoming activities and promote nonprofit housing and community development issues, act as an informational resource for the public on the activities of the nonprofit housing and community development industry, and commission research regarding the affordable housing and community development industry.
The Development Manager is responsible for the strategic management and execution of fundraising activities for Georgia ACT. This is a critical and transformative position that will support Georgia ACT’s CEO and Board of Directors to significantly scale the agency and its member organizations. Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the Development Manager will plan and implement annual fundraising, corporate fundraising, grant writing, donor stewardship, and special events.
- Revenue Generation.
- Manage sponsorship revenue.
- Manage grants and foundations.
- Manage individual donor stewardship.
- Manage the donor database.
- Act as a community ambassador for Georgia ACT.
- Participate in event preparation and management.
- Work closely with the CEO, Board, and Development Committee to develop and implement an annual fundraising strategy and plan.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Successful track record in fundraising and resource development
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal foundations and grantors concerned with issues that affect low- to moderate-income individuals
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (i.e. public speaking and writing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft 365, video conferencing, One Drive, SharePoint, WordPress, Constant Contact, and social media platforms
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Completion of a background check
The Development Manager position is a full-time and salaried position. The salary range for this position is from $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with experience. Georgia ACT requests that interested individuals submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, March 4, 2019:
Letter of Interest
Three Professional References
For more information, call 404-586-0740 or email email@example.com.
Georgia ACT is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Georgia ACT prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Georgia ACT conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.