Annual Membership Meeting, March 19, 2020 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Middle Georgia State University, Macon, GA
Registration coming soon!
According to the bylaws of Georgia Advancing Communities, Together, Inc. (Georgia ACT), the Board of Directors hereby gives notice of the Annual Membership Meeting that will be held on Thursday, March 19, 2020 from 10:00am to 3:00pm at Middle Georgia State University in Macon, Georgia. Board of Directors will be elected at this meeting. If you have any nominations, please submit names and contact information no later than March 10, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is FREE!
Welcome, Call to Order, Introductions
Establishment of a Quorum
Approval of Minutes
State of Georgia ACT
Election of Board of Directors
Member Organization Reports
Committee Reports (Nominating, Membership, Policy 2020 Fall Conference)
National, State, and Local Policy
Call to Action
Join Georgia ACT for an action-packed day of networking, policy, and information vital to affordable housing and community development in Georgia at its Annual Membership Meeting! FREE! Limited onsite registration will be available. Please RSVP no later than Tuesday, March 10, 2020. Lunch will be provided. Attendees will have an opportunity to obtain a special incentive from Georgia ACT! Don’t miss out! Registration coming soon!
“Let me be the first to say a special thank you for thinking about SWGAU and the scholarship opportunity for the recent NeighborWorks training. I really enjoyed the training and the instructors were filled with so much knowledge….and they were interesting and not monotonous.” – Denise C. Ruff, M.Ed, PRIME Program Manager, Southwest Georgia United”
Georgia ACT provides the following services to its members:
- Access to NeighborWorks® America Training Institute scholarships (offered four times a year)
- Automatic membership in the National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations, an alliance of 42 state and regional community economic development, which leads the community development field and its partners in shaping and influencing strategies that advance community prosperity.
- Significant savings on GrantStation ($75 versus $699 annually) through membership in NACEDA
- Public policy and regulatory advocacy at both State and Federal levels
- Reduced rates for Georgia ACT-sponsored annual conference and workshops
- Specialized training opportunities for Georgia nonprofit housing and community development organizations
- Increased visibility through promotion on Georgia ACT web site
- Electronic newsletter with current funding and policy information
- Networking opportunities with similar organizations from across the state as well as representatives from federal and state agencies, financial institutions, and national nonprofit intermediaries
To submit your membership dues via PayPal, click on the donate button