“Our Homes, Our Votes: Affordable Homes are Built with Ballots”
2020 Housing Day at the Capitol
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
7:30AM – 3:00PM
Join us on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, from 7:30am to 3:00pm a FREE Pre-Housing Day Webinar: “Messaging Matters: Effective Engagement Tools for Affordable Housing Advocates” conducted by Tiffany Manual of Frameworks Institute and Elizabeth Appley, Esq., Georgia ACT Legislative Analyst. To register for the FREE Pre-Housing Day Webinar, register here.
Join the Housing For All Georgians Coalition (formerly Housing Georgia), Enterprise Community Partners, the Empire Board of Realists, and Georgia ACT for their 2020 Housing Day at the Capitol.
The day will include:
- Advocacy training, engagement and an opportunity to share with legislators the great work performed by affordable housing practitioners in Georgia
- Ask Georgia legislators to support key issues that impact housing affordability for vulnerable populations – seniors, veterans, youth and the homeless
- Receive updates from Georgia legislators and experts on short-term and long-term affordable housing and low-cost housing legislation and how it will benefit your local community and the State
- Network with advocates from across the state that is involved in public policies, programs, and resources to ensure that all Georgians have safe, decent and affordable housing in stable and healthy communities.
Registration is FREE for all and includes a Continental Breakfast and Lunch!
Meet at Atlanta City Hall – Atrium located at 55 Trinity Avenue Southwest, Atlanta, GA 30303
- 7:30 AM – Registration and Breakfast
- 8:00 AM – Issue Briefing and Training
- 10:00 AM – Meet with Legislators at the Capitol
- 12:00 NOON – Lunch and Learn
Join the Advocacy Effort
Register via Eventbrite here